Post Visit Instructions for Root Canal Therapy
Root Canal Care
- Expect some sensitivity in the tooth that was treated. Take whatever you would normally take for pain (Advil, Nuprin, Tylenol, etc.)
- Do not eat or drink until the numbness is gone. Especially be careful of burning yourself with hot drinks or biting your cheek or tongue.
- Eat on the other side of your mouth today.
- You may notice some soreness in your jaw in front of your ear. If you notice this, place a warm moist towel along your jaw on that side.
- The tooth should not keep you up at night. If it does, please contact us so that the tooth can be properly sealed.
- Should the temporary seal wash out of the tooth please contact us so that the tooth can be properly sealed.
- Following root canal therapy, it is extremely important that you have a final restoration put into the tooth to prevent fracture of the tooth and possible tooth loss. Just like anything else you plan to keep a long time, you need to take care of your teeth and gums. Good brushing, flossing, and regular maintenance appointments are a must!
If you have any other question or concerns, please call the office at 1-718-543-3704 .